Thursday, April 03, 2008

State Fair and Rodeo

Before I dive into this week's themed meme from the nice people at The Back Porch, let me state that great things can happen when one is away from home - like presents arriving!! My sewing machine came on Tuesday and it's awesome. The box said corded/cordless but there was no cord inside. I was prepared to be bummed out when I noticed the type of connection for a cord looked like my laptop connection so we tried it and sure enough, it runs!! Ain't that a crazy thing? Can't wait to start sewing stuff up!
::Onesome- State: What state (or territory) do you live in? Have you lived in any other(s)? Where would you like to live? And as a bonus: Any idea what year your state became a state?
  • We live in California, if you haven't guessed by now, and no. No other state would I want to live in. Visit; absolutely. All of them. But live in...no. Not at all. There's just something perfect about it. I know, others have other opinions about their state and that's great. But for me, no other state has all that we have here. It's perfecto. California became a state in 1850.
::Twosome- Fair: Or amusement parks: Did you enjoy them as a kid? What was your favorite ride? How do you feel about them now? Ready to go wander around one again, sampling funnel cakes and corn dogs and riding rides until you're sick? ...or would you rather just enjoy the entertainment or stay home and avoid the crowds?
  • Sure, I like a good swing now and then. The big parks tend to have far too many people to want to go a lot, and the prices!! But once in a while, especially with cousins, nieces and nephews it can be great fun. The state and county fairs are pretty fun we've found. Interesting.
::Threesome- And Rodeo: Have you ever been to or watched a rodeo on TV? Did you enjoy it or consider it a barbaric spectacle? If you liked it, what was your favorite event? Ever tempted to race barrels or ride a bull yourself?
  • I have seen parts of rodeos on TV, never been to a live one, probably won't. Parts of it are interesting, parts are quite barbaric. Not ever tempted to ride a bull or race barrels. Call me boring, but there it is. I am not a thrill seeker. Adrenaline is not my friend. I've come to terms with it, so can you.
This is me, with a meme.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

It DID?!!?!? That's incredible!! Now you just have to teach me how to sew...

From Whence You Cometh