Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Convenience of Extra Cash

I know, right, too soon for another meme from the Back Porch peeps? But it's not them, it's me. Hopefully there will be some weeks of calm before the next storm of activities. Oh wait, no, there's stuff this weekend...gah. But still, who wants to hear about my cash flow?
::Onesome: The-- endless onslaught of junk snail mail: how much do you get each week? I'm thinking maybe we could use it as insulation in our houses...
  • You joke, but it is being done - recycled newspaper and denim for insulation. I'm willing to contribute. The good news is you can get a lot of money for those circulars every week. The only problem is storing them until it's a worthwhile trip...

::Twosome: Convenience of-- a quick in and out? Do you have a convenience store nearby that is really convenient for you?

  • Well, there is the tiny market on the corner, run out of some guy's apartment but I don't think that's quite what you meant. Yeah. There is a store fairly close by where we run to get the one thing I thought we had but were out of when I'm in the middle of making dinner, but I wouldn't call it convenient because 50% of the time the store doesn't have it. It's a Mexican store and they just don't carry hoisin sauce, you know?

::Threesome: Extra cash--? When you need some, where do you get it? ...the ATM? ..."write for over" at the store? What is this 'cash' thing you speak of?

  • We get our cash usually via 'cash back' at the store or from the ATM, but who uses paper anymore? Apparently not me because one of the guys at the food bank paid with a $5 that was PURPLE! Yes, purple. When did that happen? I sure don't know.
This is me, memeing again.

2 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

What in the world is hoisin sauce? And.. have you ever frequented the store-out-of-some-guy's-apartment? I'd check the expiration dates super careful...

Anonymous said...

It's been one week since you were up here! Gah! Time is not kind to my world. -R

From Whence You Cometh