Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Catching You Up

As long as I CAN blog I dither about what to say and whether what I'm thinking of is worth the space and does this really make sense and blah blah blah. As soon as I CAN'T blog the words and ideas flow like water. What is THAT about I ask you? I apologize peeps for the abrupt suspension of all things blog. Sunday night we get calls from Tarzan's aunt and mother about one of this uncles who needs someone to stay with him. He'd had surgery on Friday - which we knew about - but the aunt had work and others weren't available for two days and since I no longer work and we don't have any other responsibilities could Jane go South of the The Jungle and stay with him for a few days? I could, and I did. What I did not know is that Uncle R12 lives in the stone age, before cable and Internet...so what did I do for two days (other than plumping pillows, making chicken broth and fielding phone calls from girls who want to play nurse) with no contact to the outside world except for my cell phone - thank you Rocketgirl! - which had spotty coverage at best? I read and did some Sudoku puzzles and washed dishes. By hand. I know. I haven't done that for years!! And I wrote blog entries, about DWTS naturally, thank you network TV, both the performance night and the results show. They were relevant at the time, but might seem a little dated now...whatevs.
**********Monday**********
I think I know why they have the jive and tango on the same night, apparently it’s about the precision necessary for both. But is it really time for those dances? It seems like we got here mighty fast. Maybe it’s the two dances before anyone went home that did it.
Marlee was good, she’s getting better, more confident perhaps. It really doesn’t seem like the lack of music bothers her rhythm so maybe the songs don’t matter to the dancers as much as they do to me?
What was the biker tango with Mario and Karina? He really did a poor job. It's not likely he will go home because of course the fans don't have any idea what makes a good dance. Standing ovation my foot. But he is probably the best partner that Karina has ever had. She's actually funny and not annoying with Mario. Weird.
Priscilla is getting looser which I like – she was almost falling over last week she was so tense. Of course the tango lends itself to tension so we’ll see how it comes out. Not that she is in any danger to go home. She was married to ELVIS people.
Adam is either getting better, or Julianne is learning how to cover his mistakes better – I hate to say that he might be a dancer but he looked alright. I still didn’t vote for him because others are better, but still. It’s all about improving right?
Christian’s jive was really, really fun. I wanted to watch him and was not distracted by Cheryl. He’s cute and he looked like he was having a good time. He won't win either, but he's very good and could get even better.
The tango with Steve and Jonathan was almost better than his with Anna. He’s funny and cute and charming but he just does not excite me. It's a little sad to say but I bet it will be Steve or Marissa who go home. BECAUSE
I really expected Marissa to do better with the jive – it was MADE for her and yet there was no pop, no excitement, no energy. It’s cliché but I was really disappointed. Carrie-Ann was not pulling any punches there either. Whoa. And while we're speaking of the judges; was it just me or did Len seem to be the big Mr. CrankyPants? Yeah. It's a little too soon to be expecting perfection from these people. We haven't even weeded out the chaff yet.
Jason was pretty. I could get Carrie-Ann’s point about him dancing small – he has been bigger and better but he was still improved in some areas and he was lots better than others of the night.
Shannon is also getting better – slowly – the kickboxing stuff did not really end up in her dance though…dunno if it was supposed to.
And who picked Kristi’s music? That was way weird for a tango. And what was Mark doing with is mouth? Completely necessary? I say not. Discuss.

On a side note: what was with Tom coughing at the second to last break? And why did he call up the host from another show to send us out? Weird. Not explanation, no nothing. Weird.
**********Tuesday**********
Not a surprise, though a disappointment, that Steve went home. Poo. Thankfully they let Kristi and Mark know they were staying right off the bat. No need to make them sweat. WHAT is with Adam and Julianne? Weird doesn't even begin to describe it. They make me want to gag. Even now. Tony seemed really hurt that the judges think he doesn't support his partner. He didn't say anything more, even in the confessional booth. And Sam was really excited when he and Marissa didn't get sent home. She usually tries to stay reserved and impartial but she was all "YES!! Marissa and Tony." Rein it in Sam.
And what is with the not having the bottom two?! I neeeeeeed my bottom two because then I know what kind of crack the rest of the voters are smoking and how to place my ballot for the infinitesimal amount of influence it has...right now I'm just flying blind people, flying blind.
*****************************************************************************************
And now I'm back and caught up mostly. We had some of the young men from church over tonight for Trivial Pursuit and it went well I think. I am exhausted though. So much energy and testosterone to stay on top of. Whew. Uncle R12 is doing much better, I think he will be back to cracking inappropriate jokes in no time at all. No heavy lifting, do you hear me? No heavy lifting! I will know if you do!!!

This is me, helping out every which place.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh