Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Picture This (#7) - Visiting Relations

I am soooooo late with these pictures, but an O'Grady never goes back on her word and since I promised them to you, I am posting them now, though it's been almost a month since QC visited and the weather couldn't be more different. It was grey and overcast the morning he landed, as you can see in this picture at The Beach:
It could be the Sahara Desert for all you know, that's how cloudy it was, but trust me when I say it was The Beach. These days it's blazing hot and sunny by 9am, freaky winds, make me a little nostalgic for the cloudy overcast times. Because we were at The Beach, and because he lifts too, QC wanted to see the muscle men so we wandered by:
It was a Thursday in March, so it wasn't quite as crowded as a weekend in July, still, amusing in it's own right:
Then it was lunch and off to visit some relatives. One of our cousins kids, (does that make her our second cousin?) was in a play that night - Peter Pan. She's 12 now and has been in a lot of plays, starting when she was 7 I think, and she's really very good. Her mother thinks she has perfect pitch. I don't, so I can't tell, but she doesn't sound like she makes any mistakes when singing. Did I mention she WAS Peter Pan?:
These are quite involved productions:
Very glamorous:
QC stayed with them that night and the next. It wasn't until Saturday that we met up again for dinner and playing at the Speedzone south of us with an aunt and uncle from the other side of the family. It's not my thing racing cars, but we went to be sociable and to take the pictures, of course. On your marks:
Zoooom:
Waiting in a long line:
Loading up:
Pretty fly for a white guy:
Do I need a manicure?:
Take 'em B2:
Results:
My white guy: All in all, a good weekend spent with one's BIL, hanging, talking, bonding, remembering, whatever.

This is me, sharing.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

Awww, everyone looks so good! I love that y'all did the car racing thing. Bret and Quinn are just little kids anyway:) And WOW, I didn't know Maddie was the lead role!! How impressive!! Thanks for FINALLY sharing:)

From Whence You Cometh