Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Footwork - part II

Before we jump into our (my) reviews of last night's dancing I share this tidbit from my superblogger sister-in-law who maintains three, count 'em 3!! blogs. This is taken from her bargain hunting website Miss Cheapskate. Such a deal. I ordered some towels and I get a sewing machine for free! Sweet. Now I don't have to drag every tiny thing out to my mother's house to have her stitch it for me. Not to say she's not talented - she is - she made my wedding dress, and both my married sisters' dresses - but she has a life and she really doesn't need to spend the time mending the bedsheets where Tarzan's exTREMEly sharp toenails have ripped through, you know? Yeah...
So on to the reviews. The ladies were good last night. I had high hopes for all of them and was not really disappointed. Which is quite a compliment coming from me - I tend to be hard on the women.
I think they - the judges - scored Priscilla Presley higher than her performance merited, a little in awe of who she was perhaps? She was good and her dress was a fantastic color. Really a great dress.
Shannon Elizabeth was what I expected, not an impressive dancer, but really great looking and able to learn.
Monica Seles was a bit of a let down. I guess I expected more from a tennis star who has to "dance" around the court for hours at a time. Posture can be worked on, but her feet weren't even that great. Sadly, I would have to pick her for the first eliminated next week.
Marissa Jaret Winokur is how I expect I would be if for some reason I was famous enough to be asked to be on the show. So excited and so happy to be involved and so ready and with a little experience but not really aware of how much work it is to be a competitive dancer. She may do well if she can calm down.
Marlee Matlin was very very good. I do not say that 'considering' her disability but in spite of. She was really really good. She won't win because she was half a beat behind her partner, but she could go far.
Kristi was, briefly, brilliant. So pretty, so graceful. I don't know that her skating experience gives her an advantage, but I think she has some skills that will do her well in this arena as well.
If I had to suppose now, I would pick Jason Taylor and Kristi Yamaguchi to battle it out for the trophy.

This is me, guessing already.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

His TOENAILS?!?! Get that man a pedicure, STAT!!!

From Whence You Cometh