Thursday, March 13, 2008

Insomnia, The Cure For Sleep

Surprise! I made it after all. More in the coming days about The Odyssey - really well received - and Q is in town this weekend. We went to the beach, ate some food, stopped by my office, talked a lot - it was a really good day. Being the type who does not like to forget one's obligations, here is the weekly meme from The Back Porch peeps.
::Onesome: Insomnia-- Ever have it? Some do and some don't, but have you ever been hounded awake for that endless hour after hour with no hope of sleep? ...or does the very act of touching head to pillow put you out for the count?
  • Perhaps is was out of necessity in my chosen profession, but I have never had troubles in the sleep arena. I can sleep anytime, anywhere - and have. I once fell asleep standing up - seriously - shelving books at the library when I was in college. Not long admittedly, the book fell from my hand, smacked the floor and woke me up.

::Twosome: the cure-- Hey, if you do have the occasional bout or chronic insomnia, what do you do about it? Work? Read? Try cures? Hmmm... Did you ever find one that worked?

  • If ever I have trouble sleeping - the night before a presentation let's say, I count backwards from 100, inhaling and exhaling deeply for every number. I don't remember ever making it past 90...

::Threesome: for sleep-- Female/male, young/not so young, we all need varying amounts of sleep. What's your personal sleep cycle? Five hours? Ten hours? ...and if you had a choice, what would be your personal sleep cycle? ...and yes, "All day long" is a valid answer.

  • I think my sleep cycle is nine hours...is that a lot? Am I lazy? I would prefer to sleep from 11pm until 8am if I could. Lately I have been and it's been excellent. Really and truly. I get a lot done in a day and I get some sleep and I don't have to wake up in the dark. I think I have a phobia about that; having to get up when it's still dark. Not sure where it comes from but there it is.

This is me, way too flippant for the time of day/night it is. More later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

From Whence You Cometh