Friday, February 29, 2008

Weird Dream #23

OMG - you know how I said my dreams are weirdest right before waking up? Well, I submit that the dreams one has after waking up to fix Tarzan an English muffin for breakfast so he doesn't eat six cookies instead - AGAIN - then going back to sleep for another hour are the weirdest...try this one on for size:

I was parked in a large, open shopping center lot, waiting for my sister to get out of work at this cheesy Taco Bell type place. (This in and of itself is not weird. I wait for her often, in a parking lot. NOT a large lot, NOT at a mall, NOT for a restaurant...) Two chicks come up to the car, one on either side offering donuts. These are pretty fancy donuts, with fruit and decorations on them, but when they say one costs $3.99 I say no thanks. I finally agree to buy one after they lower the price to $1.99 and give me this long spiel about how they were for a wedding but the groom never showed, blah, blah, blah. As I'm pulling out my wallet a guy parks his Jeep behind me. The girls go to get me my change, and I wonder if I shouldn't have given them two $1 bills instead, and I look at my currency and find I have a fake $4 bill and I want to exchange that for the real money I gave them, so I put the car in park - apparently it's been running this whole time - turn it off and jump out to go after the girls. My car starts to roll back and smashes into the guy in the Jeep. He's not hurt, "just the wind knocked out of me," he says and he helps me hold the car so I can put it in park again and put the parking brake on. While we're holding the car - back from what, I know not - the girls come over, one gets in the passenger seat, the door had been locked, and proceeds to rummage through my wallet. I get a little indignant, and in the time it takes me to let go of the car and duck inside, they all disappear. Both girls, the guy, the Jeep, my money and the donuts. I contemplate my having to send out one of those emails about scams and I hear people start screaming on the sidewalk, I look up to see a car chase through the parking lot, the Jeep followed by the police. I sit down in my car to go after them...and I was never to glad to wake up and find out it was all a dream.

So I stumble out here to the living room in my nightie with my hair all seven directions because this was too good not to share with all of you. You are welcome.

This is me, remembering a dream again.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh