Thursday, February 21, 2008

Kitty Crack

We haven't had a lot of success or interest in the past with catnip. Fresh stuff got some sniffs and one or two nibbles but none of the suggested characteristics of a cat high on the weed. The catnip bubbles kind of scared them, the catnip toys were just toys. So I didn't hold out much hope for the mouse filled with dried catnip. The fact that I can't find that catnip filled mouse has so much more significance now. Consider the story of the cat "tree" I bought yesterday. The old ones were pretty beat up and we'd talked about getting a new one:I thought it was worth one more try with the dried catnip - what else was I going to do with it? - so I sprinkled it across all the "floors." At first there was much sniffing and investigating and suddenly it was a free-for-all:
Train Wreck was pretty sure it was all for her:
She got quite possessive of it:
Belle tried to take just a little sniff:
And got smacked for it:
Apparently the top rack is the best. Throughout the day they each tried to have a turn. Train Wreck of course:
Mikey finally got up there:
Ha ha. Look at me!:
Ice took his turn after the initial rukus died down: Poor Belle never got higher than the first level:
So she decided to go find her own hideout:

This is me, in a house with a bunch of kitties high on crack.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh