Thursday, February 07, 2008

Red Light, Green Light

::Onesome: Red-- candles for Valentine's Day? Are you decorating this year? Planning? Scheming? Deferring?
  • Hmmm, I guess I hadn't thought about decorating...that could be fun. We do have plans; with The Melting Pot in Pasadena. Fondue is your friend. Check out the menu!! So excited. We shall eat some for you Rocketgirl.
::Twosome: Light, Green--? ...or would that be 'teal'? What color is your kitchen area? What color should it be?
  • Our kitchen is a very unassuming blue. The walls are light blue, like off-white, blue. The cabinets are the best part - they are a medium wood. The countertops are not what I would have selected but it was not my call at the time. They are mottled blue laminate. Eh. It serves. It SHOULD be yellow, or maybe rose, or a beige? No, not beige. Maybe green, if I could get the counter to match...
::Threesome: Light-- up the place and save energy with these newer CFL/twisty bulbs? Have you tried any yet? How are they working out?
  • We have not tried the twisty bulbs yet. We really should. It would be so responsible of us. The trouble - not an excuse, we are working on it - is the age of the fixtures and the wiring in the old shack. We need to be careful what we use. Some of the work I will be doing in the next few months will include learning to rewire and install electrical fixtures. Then we can work on the twisty bulbs.
This is me, with the Back Porch weekly meme.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

Someday, I'll do something so awesome - or Jared will do something SO horrible that he'll totally owe me an expensive dinner at the Melting Pot. But as of right now, I see his face actually melting off at the mere sight of the prices. I am hoping, hoping hoping, and I know Ill get there some day!!

From Whence You Cometh