Thursday, February 14, 2008

Tea For Two

Just for you Rocketgirl!! Oh, and because I do The Back Porch meme every week!

::Onesome: Tea-- leaves and fortune tellers? Is there anything you do out of habit because of old sayings? ...like not stepping on cracks or staying home on Friday the Thirteenth? ...or eating chocolate on Valentine's Day?
  • That's interesting because I don't consider myself a superstitious person; I don't worry about wearing black on Friday the 13th or walking under ladders. My parents have three all black cats. Yet I do try to avoid stepping on cracks and I absolutely wear green on St. Patrick's day and I never forget to leave the milk and cookies for Santa...maybe I have more voo doo in me than I knew?
::Twosome: for-- every time you make it to work or class or an appointment on time, how many times are you late? Just curious...
  • What are you trying to say? Just because I hadn't been to work "on-time" for over a year does not mean I don't get every where else on time. Mostly. Church - I am always on time for church - early even.
::Threesome: Two-- weeks and the next day is only there twenty-five percent of the time! Does Leap Year have any special meaning to you? ...or is it just one more day of the week?
  • I don't look forward to the day, like say Christmas, but it's always been amusing to me - especially for people who have their birthdays on the 29th. I haven't decided if I want to have a kid on that day or not. Would it scar them forever? Or give them great small talk material? I guess we have some time to figure it out...
This is me, back in my woolies because it got COLD again - thank every so Q.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I have known a couple of people born on the 29th of February. Did you know that originally the 24th of February was considered the 'leap' day. Historians aren't quite sure when it changed to the 29th, but it makes sense...

From Whence You Cometh