Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscar's 80

So the Academy Awards were okay. Not too surprising, or edgy - or too eventful - we hadn't seen most of the movies so what's to get indignant about? Go Bourne Supremacy.
We liked John Stewart. I love how he looks slightly embarrassed by his punchlines - like "I know, I can't believe they are making me say this either..." but he was funny. Little bit racy, not too dangerous.
As for the actual awards...eh. We didn't watch the speeches. Kinda sorry I missed Best Actor because it would have been amusing to see him kneel for his fake knighting but that's all.
It was great to see Kristin Chenoweth sing. She's got a great voice. (Please let them make a movie of Wicked...please let them make a movie of Wicked...) I was not surprised that Enchanted did not win Best Song - despite there being THREE songs from the movie nominated, and they ALL being written by Stephen Schwartz and Alan Menkin - but I was a little annoyed at the comments in the paper this morning. Yes, it was a cute movie. Yes, it was a Disney movie. Yes, there's very little angst or drama in a fairy tale come to life - but there's nothing WRONG with a happy story. Don't poo-poo the writer's ability just because no one dies.
Just for you Lola - we had gingersnaps and grapes (red AND green - this was the Oscar's after all) for dessert.

This is me, glad the stress of the awards season is off.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh