Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weird Dream #31

That was, quite possibly, the most continuous dream I have ever had. And I finished it before I woke up. (That really is weird.)
I was living in a dorm of some sort, maybe as a WAC or a WAV, at the start of WWII. On my first day there I met two girls - we were all walking down the very narrow corridor carrying dishes of food, couldn't pass each other, so we chatted and became friends - and they stayed my friends for the whole war. In a very Where The Boys Are moment we met three guys, with names like Biff, Joe and Buzz, and we fell in love. (I think mine looked like Tarzan, their faces were all very fuzzy.) In addition to our official duties we gave shows in a very USO-esque way. My guy and I couldn't sing so we danced. RHM was there, she waved at me from a parade she was marching in, until I remembered she couldn't have been alive in 1943 - could any of us? - and she changed to a baby who I found in a pile of orphans. It wasn't too hard as she had told me how to find her; she would be the only one who didn't "smell like milk." Somehow all seven of us survived the war - in separate units; I spent some time in an army hospital nursing soldiers - and the celebration was fantastic when we were released to go home. Sadly, the first of my friends to leave died when her plane crashed and because of that the rest of us drove or took the train. My soldier and I were married but apparently had a falling out. We were reunited years later for a benefit to save a theater - all very Barkleys of Broadway except the dance routine was more Dirty Dancing - and made up. There was more to it, something about us teaching dance classes and helping the theater owner find the love of his life. The longer I am awake the vaguer the details become.

This is me and that could be a full length movie - albeit a boring one.

2 comments:

RHM said...

Well, there's a first time for everything. So I don't smell like milk? Hm. Time to wear more perfume heh.

Elizabeth said...

Have you been watching Back to the Future? (Biff, Buzz...)

And that really is a full length movie...wow...quite the dream!

From Whence You Cometh