Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Need A Moment

HOW did I NOT KNOW until TODAY that Pete Carroll OFFICIALLY resigned as head coach of my alma mater?! It was announced on Sunday and we get the paper every day. HOW did I miss that? This is big news people, big news. The end of a dynasty. Like when all the Mings were gone.
It is not as much of a surprise as one might think despite my protestations. We knew he would leave eventually but why now? (I would want to go out on a high note if it was me.) And WHY of all people in the short list to replace him did they pick this guy?
Don't tell me it would be a coup (koo) if Norm Chow came back to the team either because when you look at HIS short list for the past couple of years, it is not all rainbows and kittens.

This is me and it's not unexpected news but I wasn't entirely prepared either.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think they picked him because he's kinda cute! :-)

Elizabeth said...

I even knew that, and believe it or not I really don't care that much about football...

And as soon as I know when I am going to Disney, believe me, you will be the first to know...

Rocketgirl said...

And you call yourself a fan... "shakes head in denial"

From Whence You Cometh