Friday, August 29, 2008

The End Of Summer

I almost like Friday better as meme day, don't you think? Thursdays have become really full and this way it gives me time to develop deep, insightful responses to The Back Porch peeps' questions. Or not. Whatever.
::Onesome: The-- best part of the pudding? I'm teaching the youngest to leave his pudding in the 'fridge for a couple of days (much to his mother's chagrin) to allow the top to 'skim over'. He's thinking I may be right about that adding an extra taste treat to the process. Mom disagrees. What do you think?
  • Ew. I don't really like pudding - except pistachio - but definitely not when it has that skin on it. Bleah.

::Twosome: end of-- da' road? Just for the fun of it, is there a road in your area that you're pretty sure 'goes nowhere' and just ends there?

  • This is The Jungle, all roads lead to The Jungle, like they used to lead to Rome. But, out in The Desert where my parents live, there are roads that go nowhere. Pavement becomes dirt and then just fades off into scrub brush and rocks. Little bit unnerving if you aren't expecting it.
  • On another note: I really want the chance to name a new street, like my brother's in-laws got to do, and name it something like Endovda Road, or Forkina Road. Would that not be awesome?

::Threesome: Summer-- is over? Really? Just because it's Labor Day? Heck, the kids have been back in school for a week or two; the weather hasn't gotten any cooler out here; and the trees haven't even thought about turning. ...at least where I am: how about at your place?

  • The kids here haven't been back to school yet. Starts the say after Labor Day, so there. But it's still warm and likely to be. Of course, The Frozen North where I used to live, has had their first snow already. Didn't last, but holy smokes am I glad we left there!

This is me, with a Friday meme tradition.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh