Friday, May 16, 2008

Seat Of Learning

It seems I have a few more months to wait until that psychologist gets in touch with me so I have had to turn to other sources for explanations of my freaky dreams. Like Uncle John at the Bathroom Reader Institute. He has this to say about how psychologists interpret dream images.
  • If you're naked, you're dreading an upcoming event because you feel unprepared, ashamed or vulnerable.
  • If you're falling, it's a subconscious response to real-life stress, However some experts say the "stress" could be something as simple as a mid-sleep leg or arm cramp.
  • If you die, it doesn't portend death (yours or anybody else's) - it suggests insecurity or anxiety.
  • If you dream about a dead relative, you've come to terms with the loss. Psychologists say we dream about deceased loved ones only when the grief process is complete.

Too bad I don't dream about ANY of those things...what does it mean if someone ELSE is naked in your dream? I dream a lot about people I know, or knew, but doing really strange things. What if you live a TV show in your subconscious? Last night I dreamt I was in the new show Greek, not an episode that I've seen yet, but I was not really IN in it. I was definitely just an observer of all things.

This is me, wanting to trade in my mind for a fresher one.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I see a tie between this dream and the dream you mention in the 'that psychologist' blog entry: both have something to do with Greece (you know, one you go there, the other is called Greek...which I am assuming actually has something to do with frats and sororities on college campuses...or maybe it is a tv show based off that movie my big fat greek wedding). Maybe that's where you need to go on vacation??? :) Or maybe you are hungry for Greek food...yeah, not a dream reader if you haven't noticed.

From Whence You Cometh