Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mark My Words

Tarzan thinks the weekly memes are weird. He says he doesn't read them usually because "they don't make sense." I find this highly amusing from the King of Random, but this one post every week is slightly removed from my everyday myopic mumblings. If it's really annoying to my faithful few then let me know. Your thoughts?

::Onesome: Mark--ing devices? What do you use to mark things up around the house, school, work, wherever? Does the Sharpie rule? ...or do you believe in the sanctity of the pencil?
  • I am a firm believer in "to every thing there is a purpose," so in some cases a pencil is the thing - Sudoku puzzles for example - and for others - like labels - only the Sharpie will do. But the only hard and fast rule is once started with a certain type/color/style of marking device, it must be finished with the same. Hate having the shopping list partly in red pencil, partly in ballpoint pen and partly in green felt tip...

::Twosome: "My-- day starts off best when I......" I'll let you fill in the blank at your place!

  • ...get to sleep in...don't have to rush out somewhere...get to read the paper...don't forget things...am not in a fight with Tarzan...have a good hair morning...don't have odd kinks and aches in my neck or arms from sleeping in funny positions.

::Threesome: Words-- of a feather clump together? Nah, but hey: what word pairings do you use routinely? Are you into alliteration? ...pithy comments? 'Down home' sayings? Give it up for Thursday!

  • I am all about the neatly delivered zing. If it takes half a second for someone to realize I made a funny then it was good. I don't know that I have a "preferred" speaking method. (I'd really like to develop an Irish accent but that's something else.) Sometimes it's an association made long ago - like calling Catherine Zeta-Jones, ZetaBeta because of the Zeta Beta Tau house near my apartment when I was in college. Other times it's from a movie or a show, or a song. Or from a book. I add "wee" and "aye" to things right now because of the Outlander series I am reading. But that will go away when I'm done. Recently I have started saying "Oy" all the time and I can't remember what I used before that...is that weird?

This is me, with maybe the last meme ever - you decide.

3 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

I usually don't understand the questions at all and then I have to read your answers about 4 times before I figure out what they were getting out and then I marvel that you understood it in the first place. Maybe that's how an architect's brain works? ANywho, I think there are a crapload of links to meme places on Miao'd's blog if you go down a ways on the right. Regardless, I'm jsut glad you write:)
http://listentomeandlistengood.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

I kinda like 'em.

Anonymous said...

I think it *is* how our brains work Liz. I understand them. Wierd.

From Whence You Cometh