Thursday, May 22, 2008

Anna's Tax Wholesale Sale

Onesome: Anna's Tax-- Okay, what is the most onerous tax you've ever run across? Yes, alcohol and tobacco can fit in, but I was thinking of some regional quirk...
  • When we lived in The Frozen North our sales tax just for the region was 12% never mind the national taxes. THAT was onerous...
Twosome: Wholesale-- or retail? Do you prefer to drive to the wholesale stores to save over the regular store prices? ...or does the handy 5000 pack of macaroni and cheese not work for you?
  • There are just some things that are cheaper at the warehouse stores. It is a tough job to buy ONLY those things though and not get caught up in the pretty, fun, specialty items that certainly are NOT cheaper. It's a great place to get non-perishables too because one doesn't have to worry about using it all up before it goes bad.

Threesome: Sale-- Do you have 'Tax Free' sales in your area? Every so often one of the hardware places has a "We Pay the Sales Tax" weekend. ...and hey, 8% is 8%!

  • I often think I ought to go to one of those "We Pay The Sales Tax" events but I can never think of what I want for the place that is having the sale this time and then there's the crowds because it's nearly always a holiday weekend and do I need whatever it is they're selling? Nearly never. So one day, when I really need a new mattress or rain gutters or something, I'll go.
This is me, not feeling very bloggy this week.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh