Monday, May 05, 2008

That Time Already

Does anybody else feel like this season of Dancing With The Stars has gone by sort of fast? It seemed long until Adam Corolla went home but since then...and do I blog about anything besides the show? And memes? Especially with all the bad news and weird news and just news going on in the world, you'd think I'd have something more than how little Edyta wears? But here we are again on a Monday night and they're dancing and so, what to do?
Sam, Sam, Sam. "Shannon's padded butt was kicked out?!" Who let's that woman speak?
I really don't expect Mark to have an English accent, especially as he doesn't have one when he talks on the show, so when he chats in rehearsal and says things like "jolly good," or "have a go," it cracks me up. That's a good song for Kristi's quickstep. Do you know, the judges criticize the celebrities when they sing along but this is not the first time Mark has done it? What's to say about Kristi though, it gets old repeating fabulous and amazing every week. She's just so good. Do YOU think her skating experience gives her an advantage?
Mario dropping Karina in the pool was pretty funny. His waltz was good (NOT a Viennese Waltz). The lift was pretty and I also think it enhanced their dance. But he doesn't make me want to look at him. He's not bad at all. He certainly is good, but he's not great...I don't feel my eyes drawn to him and I know it's harder for the guys since they wear suits and stuff but really, I want more from him. OMG - that impression of Len was a little risky - especially as he hadn't given his score yet.
Great song for Marissa's foxtrot, but not a great dress for her. She and Tony were really synced to the music and I think it fit. Really good. Her hair is great too. Bruno really needs to rein it in a tad. HE is not Ethel Merman, that's for sure.
Whoa, these pre-stories are almost better than the dances. Spray tan, hahahahaha. And Edyta fits completely behind Jason. Nice. Good music tonight - this is a great tango. Was that more than one lift? Always pushing the envelope Edyta, always a little too to. And I think Jason was watching his feet a little. I know, I know, she's shorter than him so he would have to look down, but still. And if judges are going to nit-pick between Argentine tango and ballroom tango, then let's have a discussion about Viennese Waltz versus ballroom waltz shall we?
The one-handed, two-hearted machine that is Christian and Cheryl had the potential for a great tango. The judges are all over it for greatness but I felt it lacked a little oomph. Cheryl was all into it and it seemed like Christian had a little less energy than she. Her hair is certainly more dynamic cut short than longer. That lift was pretty awesome. I love Tom Bergeron, I really do. How good DID Cheryl look peering through her "feather-duster?"
I'm willing to bet Mark glows in the dark in that outfit. I really should be watching Kristi I know, but Mark is SO funny when he dances. The facial expressions, the singing, the facial expressions, the little kicks - did I mention the facial expressions? It's really hilarious. Her samba was okay, I get what Carrie-Ann is saying about it being slightly "off." It wasn't what I usually expect to see from her.
Mario's jive was good, I liked it. Karina's kicks were bigger and sharper, but he did do the back kicks and the waiting kicks so that's impressive. That lift looked like it hurt a little bit. Karina may have bruises tomorrow. I have never seen that particular lift done well though, it always looks like it hurts the recipient.
I love how when Marissa dances she looks only at Tony. Really intense eye-contact. Not in a bad way, but such that's he's the only guy she's aware of. It provides a great connection and I like it. But I agree with Len about it being a dainty mambo. Not quite enough shimmying.
I take it all back about the music for the Latin round. Jason and Edyta's song stinks for the samba. He is not a Latin guy. He does the smooth dances much better. And the lift was a bit much for the slowness of the song. I give it an 'eh.'
And last up for the evening is Christian and Cheryl - well THEY got good music at least. That was a pretty good mambo. Not sure I get the shiny duct tape brace thing but whatever, his shiny chest was good to look at. And Cheryl is plenty shiny too in all that gold lame. I can totally see Christian dancing the mambo at a party in the backyard. He was in the dance. The judges certainly seem all over it. And that puts Kristi down the leader board and Christian at the top for the first time ever, after Tom just mentioned it...I wonder if this is a setup?

This is me, confused a little at what the producers are thinking.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh