Thursday, May 08, 2008

Fife And Drum

I had a fancy intro all planned and then I read the first item and the intro went down there. This is a little creepy.
::Onesome: Fife-- Barney? ...a musical instrument? ...the number after 'four'? What came to mind when you saw this week's title?

  • How interesting when things in life coincide. In the book I am reading the characters are talking about drums and pipes AND I am on a committee to honor our veterans and currently serving military personnel come November with pipes and drums AND now look at the title of this week's meme. Coincidence? You decide...

::Twosome: and--do you recall a painting of a fife and drum set with a flag? No? Maybe one of our American History majors can link it in...

  • Pretty sure there are a lot of fifes and drums in paintings. With flags too. But "The Spirit of '76" might be the one intimated.

::Threesome: Drum--lines? Do you love them? ...or do you even know they exist? I'm wondering if this is an "Eastern" thing...

This is me, again regretting that I didn't have talent for a musical instrument, namely the drums.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

Okay, I know you lived in the East, but East CANADIA. Drimlines are hip, and when I think hip I do not think hockey and I DO think "eh?"

heehee - that was one of my best comments ever!

From Whence You Cometh