Friday, August 24, 2007

Late, late, late, late, late.

Crappers. I hate being late.
Onesome: Calculators-- and such: are you good with numbers? Do you have a calculator built in? ...or does the presence of a second column demand some help from something electronic?
  • Calculators definitely have their uses. There's no way I am figuring out areas of circles in my head and let's not even get into sine and co sine and all that fancy stuff. But when I go to the grocery store I don't need a calculator to figure out how much the 3.5 lb bag of tomatoes is going to cost or if I got the right change back.
Twosome: may not be-- where you left them. Hmmm... What have you misplaced lately? You know: the item you are flat positive you left in one spot but somehow mysteriously migrated to another!
  • SO mad. So, so, so mad at myself. Can not find the swimsuit. STILL can not find the swimsuit. I know where I was SURE it was and I know where I thought it was and it's not in either of those places. Grrr. That's huge though. As for small things...I forget where I put my cell phone quite often, or where I laid my book down last. For the most part, when I am sure I put it in a place, it's in that place when I go back.
Threesome: Used-- cars? When you buy, do you buy new? ...or do you go for those with a few thousand miles on them?
  • We have bought only one new car in our lives, separate or collective. Shortly after we were married (in 2000) Tarzan's bucket o' bolts 1982 Chevrolet Citation (that isn't even manufactured anymore so it was tres hard to find parts) finally bit the dust. We were so tired of the uncertainty and anxiety we bought a brand new Saturn with the extended warranty and everything. We actually love Saturn. They're a nice company and they make a nice product. The car still runs well and we did buy a second slightly used car as well as we've gotten smarter and more sure of ourselves. We might not buy new again but at the time it was certainly worth it.
This is me late, I am ashamed.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh