Friday, January 19, 2007

Days of the Week

Friday! Today is Friday! I love Fridays. Fridays are perhaps the best day of the week. The whole weekend is stretches out before me - the possibilities are endless. The office is calmer since nothing can be due before Monday, it's casual clothes day so the boss wears his track suit and leaves at lunchtime for the desert, I get to clean up a bit, file some stuff, ahhhh.
Saturdays are good, but by the time I sleep in a little (8am), take my sister to work, do the grocery shopping, the laundry and three loads of dishes, strip and remake the bed and prepare talks/lessons/songs etc. for Sunday and then pick my sister up from work there's not much left of the day. And Saturday evening leads right into...
Sundays where I wake up earlier (6am) than I have to for work (7am) go to meetings and then come back to pick up people for church and still be there in time to set up Primary by 9am. The afternoons could be calm but the threat of Monday hangs over my head so I feel the need to do something so as not to waste a single second and everything feels like it's wasting time. It's so stressful to choose something to do!
Mondays are just not nice. 'Nuff said
Tuesdays aren't much better because I can't even remember the last weekend anymore and the next one is so far away I can't even plan for it.
Wednesdays are better than Tuesdays, but it's still the middle of the week and the piles of paper around my desk are getting higher and higher.
Thursdays can be okay - depending on what is due that day or the next - Friday is right around the corner and the weekend is in sight.
And then it's lovely lovely Friday again. Ahhhh. I am so ready for the weekend.

This is me preparing.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh