Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Party For GOM

This weekend was the funeral for GOM and I have to say it was likely the best time I have ever had with Tarzan's mother's people. Not that they aren't great and they're always nice to me and we get along. But this time it wasn't that I was going to hang out with Tarzan's family. I was going to hang out with family.
The service on Saturday was lovely. PhatFiddle played a lovely violin solo - check it out on Rocketgirl's page - and despite having given birth a mere two weeks previous, B2 did a gorgeous job with her hymn. The food was great, the family was awesome, what else could a person want? Oh, and lovely weather too.
Interestingly it was probably the happiest funeral ever. GOM was ready to leave this mortal realm months ago and I think there was a great sense of relief for him - relieved of the pain and aggravation that he had been stuck with for the last few years - from the rest of us. The stories shared were upbeat and positive and I certainly felt that he was happier than he had been for a long time. GOM's back with his wife, and able to do again all that the frail body hasn't let him do for a while.
It was decidedly good.
That was Saturday.
Sunday we all trooped out to B2 and B3's house to see the baby, eat and hang and say good bye before those who are not lucky enough to live here in The Jungle all had to fly home again. Once the last one was on their plane Tarzan and I came home and passed out for three hours.
You know it's been a good party when that happens.

This is me, and we said "catch ya later GOM" this weekend.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

I love how more and more it feels like family and not family plus the people who are willing to hang out with us because they're in love with one of us :)

From Whence You Cometh