Thursday, September 17, 2009

Car Care

Did you know that you can take the battery out of your car, put in a different battery, hook it up, turn on the car AND THEN TAKE THE BATTERY OUT and the car will keep running? The original battery can then be put back in and twenty +/- minutes later it will be all charged again.
Who knew?
Apparently a lot of people, but it was news to me and it nearly blew my mind this morning. Tarzan had already left for work and I was running late for the food bank - naturally - and my car would not start.
As luck would have it the neighbor who saved us a large sum of money earlier this summer was passing by, inquired as to the nature of my difficulty and fixed it faster than it would have taken to call AAA, let alone wait for them to come and charge the battery. Voila. And they say we don't know our neighbors these days.
P.S. It's not that I didn't know the car only needs the battery to turn the car on, but I figured a car might be like my food processor which won't work unless all the pieces are connected and locked in the right position.

This is me, learning car stuff today.

2 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

holy crap, that sounds like a chicken that runds around for a few minutes after its head has been cut off!

Elizabeth said...

Yeah...I figured that one out a few weeks ago when my battery died suddenly...

From Whence You Cometh