Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday Night Dancing

It is time again for my weekly comments about the Dancing With The Stars situation. With two eliminations last week and only one night to dance in I am curious to see how they manage fourteen couples in a single night.
Joanna and Derek's jive was certainly fun for Derek. Joanna seemed uncertain. I think she messed up some steps and she wasn't as devoted to the dance as her partner was.
Natalie and Alec's quickstep made me watch their steps and I forgot to look at her face to see if she was breathing. But I guess she must have been since one, she didn't pass out, and two, it looked really good. I wasn't a huge fan of her dress though.
Chuck and Anna's tango was supposed to look scary and he sure had the face down. I also think his feet were good, but his posture kind of stinks. What is up with Bruno endorsing a competitor?
And did they give Baz Luhrmann only the one paddle? He's voting seven for everyone.
Melissa and Mark's jive was cute. She sold it better than last week - the nerves were not as apparent - but her feet were not all that.
Michael and AnnaD's quickstep started slow and ended quick so I suppose that averages out? I thought he was a little hesitant at the start but he settled into it mostly.
Come to notice it though, there seems to be a plethora of 6s and 7s and not a lot of anything else tonight.
Debi and Maksim's tango was not bad...the mood was there, no question. Debi missed a head thing in the corner but it seemed like Maks was moving faster than she was. Minor I suppose. She and Maks are awesome opposite each other personality wise.
Louie and Chelsie's jive really surprised me. He is turning out to be a lot better dancer than I expected. His feet were good and I think he just has to work on the posture and the mood of each dance. Confidence in his ability to dance is what he needs.
Aaron and Karina's quickstep was interesting. Why would anyone pick the Muppet theme song to choreograph to? The suit was mighty green, the dance was fast, Karina's dress was weird, and it was fun to see the Muppets but as a whole thing it was a little odd to me. A 27 I did feel.
Kelly and Louis' tango probably was not up to last week's surprise, but they had a great song and she worked it. It was a hard dance and she missed a few steps but I am a fan even so.
Kathy and Tony's quickstep was competent and I know what they were doing but it always bugs me when their costumes don't match.
Mark and Lacey's quickstep was amusing - maybe because it still freaks me out that he has facial expressions and talks - I didn't like her dress, I DID love the song and it was okay.
Mya and Dimitry's jive was bang on in the timing and musically appropriate. Sharp and fast enough. I think I might have to pull a Len and say the beginning took too long to get into the dance for me. The nerd glasses really change Dimitry's appearance.
Tom and Cheryl's tango was really great up until he almost dropped her on her head. I loved the green, and the mood was right, the feet were right, and then he missed the ending and almost killed Cheryl but still, good.
Donny and Kym's jive was very entertaining and fun and fast but he's the entertainer. He hides any faults in the showmanship. He knows how to carry on. And it's great to watch.


This is me, excited because the USC Marching Band is coming to the show tomorrow.

1 comment:

RHM said...

Gonzo was off. And I wouldn't have mocked the muppets with Frank Oz (the 2nd best muppeteer to Jim Hensen) at my feet.

From Whence You Cometh