Tuesday, September 22, 2009

DWTS: Season 9 - Part Two

I was so excited by the professional men dancing last night that I totally forgot to notice Julianne Hough isn't dancing at all this season!! As in, she does not have a partner and will not be seen on the show except maybe as a guest dancer. ((Too busy with the singing, Juicy Fruit career I suppose.) I will upset about 25 million people when I say this but SWEET! I won't miss her.)
'Kay, that's out of my system, I feel better.
Let's discuss the famous females of season 9.
Debi Mazar - did not know what her name was, but I have loved her in every thing I have ever seen her in. She's one of those character persons that you see and go, oh it's her! and I think she and Maksim will get along fabulously. She's got great legs and their salsa was really cute. Her arms were weak but she sold it all over the floor.
Melissa Joan Hart did a lovely waltz - I have looked up the definition of Viennese Waltz and they have never done one on this show EVER - but I think she was nervous and missed a step or two.
Mya - that's all, just Mya - does have the musicality and her arms were fabulous. The waltz was fast and lovely but some more content would have been appreciated. (Tom handled that judge cat fight rather well I thought. He's a fabulous host.)
Kathy Ireland is taller than Tony and I think that helped in making their salsa a little weird. Also she was stiff and could Tony's pants have been any bigger?
Natalie Coughlin's skirt did a bit to hide the fact that she wasn't moving her hips, and she wasn't bending her knees which is important in the salsa, but her legs and arms have great extension.
Macy Gray needs some more control in her movements. She did all the steps of the waltz correctly but it didn't look right. Her arms flapped and her turns were weird but the feet were in the right places.
Joanna Krupa had a great upper body - her arms were excellent - and her bright yellow very fringe-y pants hid a myriad of sins in her lower body. She tripped during a spin and missed a few steps but the judges were right about Derek's choreography being awesome.
Kelly Osbourne had probably the best 'first meeting' video ever. Ozzy man, that was hilarious. And Louis van Amstel is her partner!!! So awesome. Louis does the best choreography of all. And it was a lovely waltz, it really was. I don't know if there was anything wrong with it other than nerves.
And now for the relays of the night. In the foxtrot, the blue was the most gorgeous color. Natalie did okay - not great, not poor - okay. Kathy did much better in the smooth than the Latin. Joanna's was cute but I really want to give it to Debi. I really liked it and didn't wince once.
The cha-cha group was really good too. (I only winced once.) Macy sold it, but the rhythm wasn't there and rhythm is quite important for the cha-cha. All of the hip work seemed to help Melissa but she looked like she hadn't expected the dance to be so fast. Maya was good, really good but Kelly keeps surprising me. Her dance was smart and cute and sharp and I liked it.

This is me, loving this season thus far.

1 comment:

RHM said...

I liked Kelly's Intro as well. I don't think they could have done her intro without her family there doing what they made famous from the reality show "The Osbornes". I am glad they got it out of the way and addressed it. In the future they'll have other tricks for Kelly I hope.

From Whence You Cometh