Sunday, April 26, 2009

Totally Awesome

The concert last night was so amazing. ATL and I saw Celtic Woman live last night and it was everything I hoped it would be. I was a little worried at the beginning. We had never been to this theater before and the parking was a really weird arrangement. The seating was smaller than I expected, which was to the good, until we got to our seats and saw that while we would be able to hear them sing, the likelihood of seeing them was small. It was a tight angle. But then, as the lights went down, we saw that most of the chairs over by the edge of the rail in the terrace were empty and we, along with about twenty other people, scooted over the aisle to what ended up being really great seats.
We saw it and it was good.
They sang all my favorite songs not the least of which were these four:
The Dawn And The Sky And The Sun
The Call
The Blessing AND The Voice - love me some Lisa Kelly.
There were not as many new Irish songs as I was maybe expecting and I can't say as I am a huge fan of the "new" girls. I miss Meav though I understand why she isn't with the group right now and it gives me hope she will be back. Lynne was pretty good as her replacement but where was Orla? She's still on the poster...Maybe she and her harp were sick? Can that happen in such a tight interwoven group? Anyway, Alex just doesn't have the precision that Orla does and she doesn't play the harp. So there.
If it sounds like I'm whining, I'm not. Chloe and Lisa were as awesome as ever and the band was excellent - especially the percussionists, I always like the drummers - and the whole experience of seeing them live was well worth it. My opinion of Mairead has changed considerably from seeing her play live. That woman is athletic! It's like she directs the whole show from on stage - maybe that's the point - and I had to hold my breath watching her jump off the dais in her heels, while fiddling madly and tossing her hair. She was just amazing.
I don't remember the play list of the whole night but besides the ones listed above I was much pleased to see "At The Ceili" especially as it's not on any of their CDs, and ATL was so excited when they encored with "Spanish Lady."
It was a simply glorious experience and I will be purchasing the CD and/or DVD of the Isle Of Hope tour.

This is me, back from the concert and it was worth the chilly night air.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

I'm glad you had a blast! I'm not a Celtic Woman fan (I think they are cheesy, and secretly am so jealous of them being talented and why I am not up there??) but I LOVE a good concert. We're going to Death Cab For Cutie next week! I love how different our tastes are:)

From Whence You Cometh