Monday, April 27, 2009

How To Score Big

Is it really so hard to keep up with the patients one schedules in one's own office? I mean really. If the appointment is at 10:00 at least SEE the patient before noon. But noooooooo, let's have her sit for a little while longer. Let's give her the Novocaine and then let her wait so long that it WEARS OFF BEFORE THE PROCEDURE IS OVER. Yeah, that's a good plan.
Let's also not take her seriously when she suggests that you might want to start with smaller tools - it's sad that she can now tell what each of the little pieces are for now - and then when they're all used and useless and you've had to send the assistant for the CHILD sized stuff, then pat her on the head and tell her that she has a small mouth. That is a sure way to get a good customer feedback card.

This is me, back from that awful place again, hopefully for the LAST TIME EVER. Except when the permanent crown comes in.

3 comments:

RHM said...

Wow, both of our days were Dental Centered. I should tell you when I come down from being insensed over my CD debaucle. grr.

Rocketgirl said...

Ug, I spent an hour in an optometrist's office yesterday and had to leave because I had to teach and couldn't wait anymore. GRRR Not the same, but I'm trying not to think about dentists right now. Creeepppppps me out.

Elizabeth said...

Ha...I call our patients to remind them of their appointments...every once in a while they ask how long they will be there waiting. I tell them plan on being here 2 hours. Sometimes the doctors are totally on time, the patients are in and out within 30 minutes of their appointment time, but some days...at least we can always use the excuse that the dr was attending to an emergency at the hospital, which is often the case...

From Whence You Cometh