Thursday, April 02, 2009

In A Nutshell

Before you all pummel me into the earth because of what I am about to say, let me preempt it with, I KNOW we are ALL super busy, ALL OF THE TIME. We are. Everyone has so much to do and not enough time to do it in. That's just the way of life.
But the month of April this year is going to kill me. Almost literally, down on the ground dead. There are so many places I have to be and little or no notice that I had to be there. I'm usually pretty accommodating but I need some time to talk myself into things. You might not know it but I am a shy individual. I've got to work at this personality on a daily basis. And there just isn't time to do that in the next 30 days. Let me break it down for y'all:
1 - Doctor appt. and running things to Tarzan's school for the Academic Decathlon kids.
2 - Food bank volunteering
3 - Dentist in the a.m. - something is not right with this crown that went in last year, check that, TWO YEARS ago. Apparently it's not the worst case scenario he talked about then but it can't be good. I will find out then what day I have to come back to get the actual work done. (Editor's Note: Apparently it IS the worst case scenario because they have to take out the crown and the post, re-clean and disinfect all three roots of the tooth, and then put a new post and crown back in. Yeah. The tooth didn't hurt before the original root canal so why am I going through all this hassle?) Then, tomorrow afternoon I am going out with a female missionary because her companion had to go home suddenly and they don't like the ladies to be out on their own.
4 & 5 - Thank goodness for General Conference. This is what church should be like every week, with the calm and the quiet and the listening and the me not having to run around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to catch people before they rush out the door.
6 - Doctor appt. and then sitting with Tarzan's grandfather in the afternoon.
7 - Different doctor's appt. and the stove technician is coming to tell me why my stove won't heat up. Hopefully he will fix it the same day or I'll have to schedule another date.
8 - Fetching Tarzan's aunt from the airport so SHE can sit with her father for a few days.
9, 10 & 11 - My dad and I are FINALLY going to The Frozen North to get his brother's things packed up. And the sad part is, it is still frozen up there. It's nearly Easter people, that's too late for snow.
12 - Easter itself. Don't know when the Easter Bunny is going to find time to get a new tie for Tarzan and some of those little cream eggs he likes so much...
13 - 16 Preparations and fetching people from the airport for QC's wedding to SBB.
Editor's Note:
15 - This is the day of days, when I will see not one but two (2!) dentists who will scrabble around inside my mouth, pretty much all day long.
17 - Tarzan's birthday AND QC's wedding.
18 - Wedding brunch with family AND Picnic Day at BHB's school in the Temperate Zone. I don't think we're going to make it this year, though it's her last year at the school and I haven't missed one yet. Curses.
19 - I think this might be a normal Sunday - as normal as our lives EVER are.
20 - Return Tarzan's aunt to the airport after her extended stay for the wedding and all.
21 - Doctor appt.
25 - There's an activity for all the kids of the church in our region so I will have to chaperon/supervise and probably bring a game or treat or something. AND there's more; ATL and I have tickets to see Celtic Woman that evening. So excited I can't even think of it yet or my head will explode.
That's all I have so far but I am sure the rest of the month will fill up quickly. It always does...

This is me, and I'm thinking timing, timing, timing is more important than location, location, location. Thoughts?

2 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

Okay, you are WAY more crazed than I. And weird, I have a crown that was put on just a year or so ago - maybe even less, that is making me nervous. Dang it, I have just a month before insurance runs out - stupid dentists and crowns! We need dentures. So I assume your Mafia Wars score will be going down this month? ;)

RHM said...

I'm going to miss seeing you--but maybe some time after graduation later this year?

From Whence You Cometh