Saturday, April 18, 2009

Goin' To The Chapel

Yesterday was the day that QC married SBB. It was a gorgeous day and despite the re-donk-ulous traffic from the wedding site to the reception site - were we high to plan an event for that time of day on a Friday? Probably - it was a lovely party and I am really impressed with SBB's acceptance of the insanity that comes with marrying an O'Grady man:Rocketgirl and I planned a welcome to the family kit that included some essential items. We were quite proud of ourselves: air freshener (I think you can imagine what that is for), ear plugs (because they are loud), an appointment book (because they forget things), cookbook (because they love to eat) and hugs and kisses (chocolate) because they are so sweet and need a lot of love. Awww, the cheese is melting off the screen and into your lap.)
She took it all with grace and a smile:
The ceremony was sweet and poignant - nary a dry eye in the place - and then it was to the celebrating. The grounds were just gorgeous and smelled amazing - Rocketgirl kept insisting she wanted to eat the flowers:
It was Tarzan's birthday as well, so this is one of many shots of us:
And speaking of shots of us, this was the very awesome dress that we bought for only $8 back in February:
My hair. I was going for a rat's nest look but I'm not sure that I achieved it:
Speaking of Tarzan, I wonder how he ended up the only one to wear a pinstriped suit?:
Our family:
Her family:
I was trying to improve my self photography skills and appropriated nearly everyone in the place. I don't know if I got any better, but the in-laws all look cute. Me and one of Tarzan's cousins I have yet to think up an acronym for but he's awesome and plays Mafia Wars with me:
Me and R123's son, also a cousin and also a Mafia Wars fan:
Me and Phatfiddle:
Me and Gamma, Tarzan's mom:
Me and Rocketgirl, who looked totally hot in her polka dots and bow. I "heart" her:
Then came the traffic portion of the evening, though one bright spot was this weird bridge:
Dinner was so totally worth the hours spent driving though. SBB's brother-in-law made the food and IT. WAS. GOOD:
People did eat much:
And then there was cake:
All in all, a successful party. And the bride and groom are muchly happy which is all anyone can ask:
This is me with the wedding details of a sort.

2 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

I LOVE the shot of your dress!!! ANd I love that you posted SO MUCH - I can't understand why I only took like 10 pictures, but I'm glad you were on the ball:) It was SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!!!!

Rocketgirl said...

Looking over the entry again, I LOVED your hair, and I can't believe we were going to leave and skip dinner - that was the most amazing dead cow I've ever eaten!!! You did take SUPER cute shots with mom and cousins and all - good job!!

From Whence You Cometh