Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Picture This (#10) - ASKR #2

We actually pulled off the second sibling reunion. And in my humble opinion - as the planner and co-host of the event - I think we done good. I was so worried that what with last year being almost an afterthought and MQ's death at Christmas and everything, people might not come or not have a good time or there'd be tension or anger or that the activities would flop or...if you ever need someone to worry for you, I am a CHAMP! But despite of, or because of, my worrying, it was great. A lot of fetching people to and fro...there were a lot of trains, planes and automobiles but it went off without (very many) hitches.
Here is the reason for the whole excursion, from left to right, PFiddle, Rocketgirl, QC and Tarzan:Rocketgirl and Sunshine came in on Tuesday for an extended stay - yay! - and I have to say, this is one adorable baby. Five+ hours on a plane and she still turns the charm on for pictures:
We had lunch to catch up and Tarzan gave me a fair approximation of the kind of father he will be. Attentive, kind, watchful, humorous, protective, loving, all of the above. And a wee bit evil too. I am sure Gamma was SO happy to hear her only granddaughter chanting "Beer! Beer! Beer!" all week long:Thanks Tarzan! Good thing she's his mother:
We were not able to attend the backyard jam session of Thursday night so these pictures are totally stolen, still, the sexy hair must be documented. Plus she's way talented too:QC arrived Thursday night as well, seemingly much taller than the last time I saw him. It's not likely that he grew much but I was distinctly aware of my talking into his navel rather than to his face:Friday morning saw the arrival of the last sibling, PFiddle, and we began the party with breakfast: We then became aware of our cousin CRC's amazing musical talents when we stopped by the electronics store for some more digital storage space. (Love the portable hard drive!) On the guitar: We moseyed on over to the miniature golf park after that and much fun was had:Putting:Showboating:
Dancing:Kissing:Fishing Jane's ball out of the drink:
This place has got it all:Check out the super parking spot we got for lunch:
Lunch:
We spent the afternoon relaxing, hanging out, catching up, bonding if you will. Bonding with the Wii mostly: Apparently, CRC is master of this devilish machine because he whooped us all, except in the shooting where QC took him down. My favorite was when Rocketgirl almost dislocated her spine gyrating wildly in imitation of CRC's boxing style. He still whooped her:
She decided against getting one of her own: The girls finally decided to ditch the dudes and do some shopping. The first place we went had totally cute clothes and with our arms full we went to the dressing room to find that they expected us to get naked with all the other chicks in the same room. Whassat now? Yeah. One big room, no panels, no curtains even, just one big room with lots of girls taking of their clothes. We're not exactly prudes but there was no way I was exposing this body to that many chicks I had never met before. Jeepers. So we went for shoes instead where we can try them on in the aisle. Much better. Then for dinner we had sushi out:Some standards, like spicy tuna:Some, more extravagant, like the lobster, which was a-MAZ-ing:I love that Tarzan doesn't even know there's green stuff in his teeth in this one:Chopstick fun:Then, these generous, busy - and sneaky - people:Wouldn't even let us pay for dinner, so we had to kiss them afterwards. I seriously look like I'm going in for the full on smooch there - good thing he's Tarzan's uncle. My hair was totally rocking though:De-lish:That was Friday.
Saturday, after a bit of breakfast:And some horsing around:Pretty, pretty girls:We tried out the Aquarium, which, while not the largest one in the nation, was pretty good:Sunshine decided that Tarzan, and only Tarzan, would do for chauffeuring: Fishies:More fishies:Fishies everywhere:Arrgh:Run Tarzan, run:Touch the squishy things:Are you serious?:Apparently they were:Cheese:The afternoon found us at the beach. It was a tad crowded but I think we brought a large enough group to match them man for man. There were much edibles and a talented man with a grill:The supervisors:The sun shade that should have looked like this:Looked like this instead...that's what that bag of random connectors is for!:Sunshine's first steps in the ocean:
She got into it after that:Buff mens:Vogue:How a person can go from this sexy:To this with just the addition of a hat, I know not, but it has surely got to be a talent. Not one of my most photogenic afternoons:Tarzan, on he other hand...take it off baby, take it all off!! Sexy thing: Today was PFiddle's turn for the Sunshine love:I like how today *I* had the green stuff in my teeth and didn't even know it:Sisters:Talent like no other:S'mores are a classic:And that was the gist. PFiddle came home with us that night since his plane departed early Sunday morning. QC left Sunday night and Rocketgirl and Sunshine came up to see us once more before they left Monday.

**This has been a long post, both length and in time coming - for though I began it on July 1st, Blogger's time/date thingy would indicate I finished it that day too. Not so. There were a LARGE number of pictures to sort through and numerous funny captions to create - this blogging thing is tough to get just right - and while it's not an excuse I think you will be pleased with the final product. I promised myself I would not look at other posts of this event until I was done here, so whew. Done. And now to check out the sexy video awesome-ness of Rocketgirl.**

This is me, with the final draft.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow! This is me applauding you, VERY nice blog entry, I very much enjoyed it...what a fun time it looks like everyone had!! And truly, don't you just LOVE when you get the best parking space in the house?! And at an In-N-Out burger to boot!

Anonymous said...

Who is the kid next to you at In and Out? I don't remember there being 5 kids in Rhys' family.....I know where the baby is from....puzzled....

Rocketgirl said...

AMAAAZING post! It covers every deeeelightful moment, and I loves it! ALthough I know my mom will probably stab you for adding that picture;) My video is slowly getting together - the hard drive I put the pictures on is currently sitting in our fridge because it is about to explode and I'm waiting for Jared to fix it. But it'll be fabooo, promise;)

Anonymous said...

So did the birds at the aquarium poop on you? It's always hit-or-miss (punny!) when I go through there. After the first time, I learned to either wear a jacket or an unimportant shirt, and then just brace myself for the inevitable.

What a wonderful family! I'm glad you're happy and doing well...

From Whence You Cometh