Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wave Of The Future

I feel sure if I talk about this it will never happen again, but it has occurred too often to be a coincidence. Or maybe I am just not smart enough to figure out why it's happening. In either case, it seems fairly uncommon.
The electrical devices in our house can heal themselves.
I know, right? But my laptop, right before the ASKR decided to have fits, and develop a bad case of The Blue Screen Of Death, and it wouldn't do anything else. It even Blue Screened from Safe mode once. That's why we bought the portable hard drive, so we could boot it up once in Safe mode and move all the pictures and documents over and then I'd need a new laptop. So we left it alone until everyone went home and then booted it up one last time. I missed the key to start it in Safe mode so I assumed it'd Blue Screen out and I would start again.

But it didn't.
It started all the way and asked for updates and installed a bunch of things and rebooted itself twice, but it's fixed. It's been great for the last two weeks.
Same thing with the garbage disposal. We stopped putting vegetables down the drain long ago but then it started grinding and making whirring noises and then the sink wouldn't drain and just when we were about to call a plumber - it healed itself. It works perfectly now, including vegetable matter.
Crazy baby.

This is me, sure the streak is over now.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You should come over to my house, my garbage disposal is broken...as in totally broken, it won't even grind or make weird noises...it has flat-lined...

Anonymous said...

Sounds eerily similar to TPS (Technician Proximity Syndrome) -- you know, when something broken suddenly works perfectly when it's demonstrated for tech support. TPS would definitely explain the computer's sudden cure of BSODs, but your disposal is the first I've heard of non-computerized things mysteriously fixing themselves...

From Whence You Cometh