Monday, July 07, 2008

Not Cool

Let me preface this by saying I am in no way leaving the Church over this incident and it surely doesn't make the gospel any less true. I suppose I should not even bring it up because there is certainly enough bad press about the LDS Church and people are too easily hyped up to listen to logical explanations. But it's been weighing on my mind and I might feel more like blogging fun things if I talk this out.
I got bawled out at church yesterday. By the bishop's wife. She's also one of my counselors in the Primary. I could understand why she might want to discuss the specific situation with me and it was my fault for forgetting but it wasn't a huge deal and in no way required the dressing down I got. I still can't believe she was SO upset. I can't even feel anything other than shock still that she felt the need to yell at me over this tiny thing.
There must be something bothering her outside of this but I can't figure out how to talk to her about it because she was so mad and she told me she didn't want to work with me or the children anymore.
"We're done!" was the way she put it. What do I do now? We've worked well together over the last almost two years. Does she really want out or was she just mad? I talked briefly with the bishop, which was a touchy thing since it's his wife, and I didn't tell him any of the screaming part, just that she wanted not to be my counselor anymore and he was sort of stunned too. We didn't decide anything then but I sort of hope he will talk to her this week and see what's up.
Is it wrong of me to want an apology?

This is me, unsure.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

.......she yelled at you? Wow, I'm in stun mode...yeah, there must be something going on with her outside the Primary, but then again her husband was surprised by it too...what a not very nice situation to be in!

Q said...

Someone should tell her "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it"

From Whence You Cometh