Monday, July 21, 2008

Burn Notice

My new favorite thing this summer is Burn Notice. We watched it last summer too, and it was awesome then, but somehow we missed the first three episodes and seeing them all again from the beginning this last month as they replayed before the second season premiere explained SO MANY THINGS, that I am struck anew at just how cool this show is. Really. It's about a guy who was a spy and he gets burned. In trying to find out who had him "fired" from the spy business he takes on 'jobs' wherein he explains to us - the viewer - how the spy business works. Jeffrey Donovan is really good as the lead. And I love Fiona. Sam is a good foil but not too stupid. The dialogue is funny without being cheesy or over dramatic or overplayed. The characters are just the right amount of cool and vulnerable. I know I sound like I am getting paid to write this and I wish I was, but it is just that good. Maybe I just like Irish chicks who get to shoot a lot of stuff...Check it out.

This is me, loving the Burn Notice.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh