Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Whole Lotta Shakin'

How inconsiderate of me. We totally had an earthquake here yesterday and I forgot to tell you about it! It was my first 'real' quake though I've lived here for almost - dang - 13 years. (There was one a few years ago, but it was at night and I barely woke up, let alone felt it.) This time there was no doubt though about what had happened. I was in the living room watching TV and reading blogs or something when a low rumbling started and I might have considered it a truck on the freeway had Speck not freaked out. He jumped down from the couch but couldn't decide which way to run - the kitty tree was closer, but it might be safer under the bed, but the tree is right there, but the bed is warm and dark - I could see his little brain trying to figure it out as he darted back and forth across the room.
That distracted me for most of the shaking. I started to think about getting concerned when one of the picture frames fell off the shelf. But then it stopped. I looked out the window but nothing was on fire or sprouting water so I figured it wasn't too serious. It was on the Internet in seconds but it was based way out there, nearly forty miles from us. Close to my parents but they apparently didn't notice anything AT ALL. Because I called them and they were all, "there was an earthquake?"

This is me, we're all okay.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh