Thursday, June 12, 2008

Work Hard and Play Hard

::Onesome: Work?-- Work! Summer jobs: how about the worst one you've ever had! ...or maybe the most interesting one? You decide...
  • I worked in a cheese factory one summer. The graveyard shift in a cheese factory. My job? Was to inspect the packages of block cheese as they came off the wrapping machine to make sure the seal was complete, correct and that there was only cheese inside. You would be surprised I think, to learn of the things that can end up in a package of cheese.
::Twosome: "Hard" and-- "Tight"? Words take on new meanings all the time. ...used to be both those words were compliments; now it appears "sick" is a good thing (according to the lexicon of the local fourteen year-old). What have you heard lately that took you a minute to figure out. I mean, like "bad" is still "good", right? Tight, man!
  • I never got that "phat" was a good thing to be. Even if it was spelled with a ph. I love "groovy" though. We do live in The Jungle though and the people around here can't seem to say anything without cursing and swearing every other word. Literally. I try not to listen so I don't pick up any slang.
::Threesome: Play Hard?-- What is your idea of "Summer Fun"? ...and no, walking on the beach doesn't count for this one!
  • Summer fun...like cleaning out the yard? And getting the house cleaned? Or do they mean margaritas and daiquiris?
This is me, with some summer plans.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

What did you find in the cheese?!?

Oh, and I noticed the other day that I had a mad mad habit of saiying "up in my business". No idea how that happened.

From Whence You Cometh