Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Picture This (#8) - R3's Graduation

It seems like not that long ago I was hunched over my knees trying not to come in contact with the many individuals who had not thought a shower necessary for the event, high on the sun-drenched metal bleachers while clutching my purse, cards, flowers and candy, enduring the congratulatory speeches and so-called singing, while trying to clap, avoid the air horns and confetti from the previously mentioned unshowered persons, while an all together too familiar breeze ruffled my skirt, if you know what I mean.
Yes, D2's high school graduation was an entire year ago and there I was again on Saturday past, for R3's walk across the "stage." I am, and was, happy for my siblings of course. In four years I will again be happy for the last one of my siblings to graduate from high school. That's a weird thought. I was a senior in high school when he was born and he will graduate high school in four short years. Libble dit wacked yeah?
But it was a good day despite the friendly breeze.
Getting fancy with the decor:
Our father says he looks like an engineer, no particular regard for the ceremony, just going along with it for the parental units while thinking long and involved equations in his head:
Some dude's HAIR kept getting in the way of my shots:
We welcome you to the windy ceremony:
I think that was supposed to be a song:
Someone lost their balloon:
Blah, blah, blah, we're so proud:
I'm so funny:
I can't see:
I can sign:
I can't keep my cap on:
I can't sing:
Finally the reason we all come to these things:
Reading his name:
Preparing the shake the hand:
Walking:
Couldn't get the hat off fast enough:
But I'll put it back on for my oldest sister because I love her:
With the mother and the father:
And the sister who can't keep her mouth shut in a picture. Though I have to say I looked pretty good in this picture:
Just the boys:
With some dude I don't know but has been to as many of these things as we have:

This is me, congratulations R3!!

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

Holy snap - at first glance I would have sworn that the signing chick was Lola!!

From Whence You Cometh