Monday, June 02, 2008

Weird Dream #24

I dreamt I was at an artistic college - not sure what I was doing there because I was not attending - mostly for dancers and singers but some musicians, painters and cartoonists as well. What was awesome was that Stephanie J. Block was there. (I've never had a famous person in my dreams before.) She was a student - though not a teenager - and apparently some of the other girls were giving her a hard time because she was contemplating leaving and going home. I was in the "dorms," which were really houses, scattered all over a fairly rural campus, surreptitiously listening to the hazing and catching ends of conversations where they mocked her for eating, for not practicing as much as they, for not being blond.(?) Then she ran away and I was the only one who went after her, though there were a number of guys and girls who didn't want me to find her so they were chasing me as I looked for Stephanie. There was a narrow escape from an empty house I was searching, and then a car chase - apparently I am a dang good driver! - and lots of people who had no interest in what was going on, just going to class and playing and practicing, until I found her back at her place - alone fortunately - and we talked; talked about how talented she is, how she owes it to herself, to the world, to carry on despite the antagonism of others. It's just jealousy that makes them annoy her. My parents arrived later and encouraged her to eat and not worry what others say. Then a family arrived with two small blond kids who were going to attend the school...
The phone woke me up so I don't know how it ended - I guess she muscled it out because she's on Broadway now! :-) The interesting part was I remember liking her a lot in my dream - I admire her a lot in real life of course - but she was a real person and I thought we could have been friends.
I don't think I've ever had a dream like that before.

This is me, dreaming about an idol.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a fun dream! How good you were to go after her and make her feel good!

Rocketgirl said...

You know what my favorite part of this dream is? The phone waking you up WASN'T ME!! Woohoo!!....
oh crap, was it?!

Rocketgirl said...

I've been patient long enough - are you having crazy nightmares and not wanting to share them with us? No worries - we already think you're nuts! Can't wait to see you and can't wait for another blasted post!!

From Whence You Cometh