Friday, January 11, 2008

Longer Than It Seems

I've been contemplating this post all day and really, I have nothing. Nothing profound or important or spectacular to say. It's been one month since the accident - since all our lives changed - and according to some blogs I read, by people who are in the know, remembering anniversaries like this is important. I'm skeptical. I'm not sure I want to remember MQ by remarking on the day she died. I would rather remember her on the days she lived, vibrant and glorious; laughing when I ran through the living room "not looking, not looking" the Christmas she and QC stayed with us and both slept on the non-fold-out couch; her giving me a huge hug the very first time we met; flashing the victory sign as she beat her husband at go-karts and bumper cars and pretty much all times behind the wheel; buying SuperDad pajamas for QC; never failing to let us know we could stay with them if activities at the big house got to be too much; offering me a place in their wedding, though we'd never met and I was clearly the shortest, roundest one in the entire place; putting baby Teaq in the USC shirt we sent him for Christmas even though it wasn't their alma mater; calling me just to talk, because we married into a family that was vastly different from our own and needing to discuss it where hurt feelings would not arise; those are the memories I want to keep of MQ. Every day that is bright and sunny will remind me of MQ and her unrestrained joy the day she was sealed to QC for time and all eternity. That picture and others are here. If the feeling moves you, trot on over to QC's blog and leave him a message. If you live near him stop by for a hug and let him know that you remember too.

This is me, remembering the good times.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

This is the perfect blog. Thank you. It gives me joy just to reread it and remember her bright smile that came through from the very inside. :)

From Whence You Cometh