Thursday, January 17, 2008

Apple Pie Crust

::Onesome: Apple-- turnovers? Bear claws? Do you have a favorite pastry? You know, the one you can't pass up no matter what!
  • It's not the type of pastry, it's the flavor - love me the blueberry. Got to try a blueberry tart, turnover, pie, croissant, etc. no matter what.
::Twosome: Pie-- or cake? You're out to dinner and you get your choice: What do you go for? ...or do you simply have to have the creme brulee?
  • Usually pie...but then it all depends on the flavor and the crust and if it comes with ice cream. And the kind of cake too...donna like the chocolate cake, but if it has chocolate frosting then bring it on! I am certainly not a black and white decision girl - all kinds of shades of grey exist here.
::Threesome: Crust--makes the pie, ya' think? Which pie absolutely has to have the proper crust or it just doesn't work for you?
  • Crust TOTALLY makes the pie. Berry pie must have the right crust or it's all goopy and smushy and not good at all. Pumpkin can have whatever kind of crust though, the filling usually can hold it's own.

This is me, contemplating making some pie this weekend.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for your comment. Yes, the Slipper and the Rose is pretty much the most fantastic movie out there in my book...when they are walking towards each other in the ballroom...it is magical! I just watched it tonight actually. So glad to know that my sister and I aren't the only ones that are fans of this movie. :)

You know, I never warmed up to fruit pies. I will eat them, but they are not my fav. Probably because I am terrible at making the crust. :) I cheat and buy it now.

Rocketgirl said...

When I was a little girl I'd only eat the crust. NowI save it for the last. Dang I'm mature! Oooh, and next time I see you, I want blueberry scones. You just made m crave them! Also, you have to visit me:)

From Whence You Cometh