Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Faster Than Lightning

I love this world we live in - a world of instant gratification and immediate information. Streaming video, chat rooms, email, all that stuff. It's marvelous. It can almost be too fast though. Was chatting with QC this morning, as we nearly always do because who needs to work? And randomly he throws out that R123 (there are so many people in this family that have R as their first initial - I should keep a log somewhere of what I call people for this very reason), an uncle, was in a car accident and "we" don't know if he will live. Oh crap, I think, here we go again. (I am definitely going to hell for that.) QC's mom, my MIL - another R, called him, QC, when her youngest brother, B3 (there's another overused letter), called her after R123 called B3. (And now the rest of the vitamins want to put in their 2 cents...) QC tells me, I call Tarzan and he calls B3. Over the course of my 45 minute lunch, Tarzan calls me 5 times. On the first call, it's to tell me he has no new information, but he was just talking to R123 ten minutes before and hopefully he didn't cause the accident. The second call was to say, R123 called B3 "with his last breath" but he DID call on his own, so we don't know anything but it's probably not fatal. The third call was completely unrelated to the accident but we discussed schedules for picking QC up at the airport because he was looking at airline flights as we talked. I am, of course, IM-ing QC everything as I talk to Tarzan. The fourth call was to say that R123 was sitting in the emergency waiting to see a doctor so it's not too dire. The fifth call was a few minutes ago (via B2 to Rocketgirl to Tarzan back to B2) to tell me that it wasn't a car accident after all. Apparently R123 fell and smacked his head really hard. He was dizzy, really disoriented and he has a pounding headache. Probably will for a couple of days. The hospital is doing tests for concussion and all, but he's going to be fine. And there we are; from a fatal car crash to a bump on the head inside of 2 hours and now I'm blogging about it.

This is me, passing on the information addiction. Aren't you glad?

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh