Monday, December 24, 2012

The Night Before

'Twas the night before Christmas and everyone was gathered at Aunt Richie's holiday party.
Including her daughter and granddaughter, her sister-in-law, various friends, her husband and his son from a previous marriage - who hates her - her husband's nephew, his ex-wife, two daughters AND his new girlfriend who looked to be about 22 years old. (The nephew is about 70.)
All smushed into one tiny side room of a really nice restaurant.
The dirty looks exchanged around the room, the seating card rearranging, the PDAs, the snide remarks.
The food was fabulous, the dessert decadent, Tarzan was enthralling - several people commented on how fun he is to have at a party - polygamy was mentioned at least twice - there was a lot of laughing and I think we agreed to drive an RV to Vegas sometime next year.
And I heard someone exclaim as we drove off into the night, "Did you see what she was wearing?!"

This is me and if I'd had time I would have put it into iambic pentameter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have the best family gatherings...I'm just saying...

Master P said...

Dude. I'm glad you were there and not me. I have got to call and get a full report, it sounds hilarious!!

From Whence You Cometh