Sunday, December 16, 2012

Comparison

It's raining today and I enjoy the benefits that come from the rain, however, I am feeling a little wimpy for feeling the cold.
It's 54 degrees outside in the wind and the rain today.
Once upon a time, when I lived in the Frozen North, 54 degrees meant we shed out jackets and ran around so excited that summer had finally come. Of course, that was after six months of snow, boots, fur hoods and numbers in the negative numbers. The WAY negative numbers. So I suppose it's like they say and it's all relative.
Plus, we don't have insulation or central heating in our house now and we had both when I was growing up.

This is me and it's a different world down here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know I am not frozen North, but you would think so as it is so darned cold where I am these days I swear I moved up 30 degrees in latitude.

Cath said...

You have to think of it in relative terms, though. We spend so much time over 100 that 50 is freezing. It's a 50+ degree drop!

From Whence You Cometh