Sunday, February 01, 2009

New Month, New Meme

Well, maybe not a new meme. New person tagged me though. My brother - who knew he was into this blogging thing?
Instructions:
This task is to compile a list of your 25 favorite songs. These are songs that you cannot live without. They are songs that have made you who you are. They make up the sound track of your life. They are the songs that you would want with you on a deserted island. These are...okay, you probably get the idea by now.
Once you have the list, tag 25 friends and share it with your world. Then, of course, your friends do the same.
By the way, it would be great to share the name of the artist.
Here is my list (in no particular order, because that would be impossible)
Though I may find selecting ONLY 25 songs to be impossible. I listen to and love a lot of music. How does one choose which song from Wicked is the best song? The whole musical changed my life. And I too have to save #4 because, well, it's awesome.
1. For Good, Wicked (the Broadway Musical)
2. This Is The Moment, Jekyll & Hyde (the Broadway Musical)
3. I Am Woman, Helen Reddy
4. November Rain, Guns 'N Roses
5. Standing Outside The Fire, Garth Brooks
6. Pour Some Sugar On Me, Def Leppard
7. You're The Inspiration, Chicago
8. Pomp And Circumstance, Edward Elgar
9. Jumpin' Jack, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
10. Fever, Peggy Lee
11. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart), Journey
12. Dancing Queen, ABBA
13. Jupiter, Gustav Holst
14. If I Had A $1,000,000, Barenaked Ladies
15. Marble Halls, Enya
16. It's Raining Men, The Weather Girls
17. You're Still You, Josh Groban
18. Oh L'Amour, Erasure
19. Black Velvet Band, The Irish Rovers
20. I Write The Songs, Barry Manilow
21. Stone In Love, Johnny Mathis
22. The Sound Of Silence, Simon and Garfunkel
23. Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring, Johann Sebastian Bach
24. Save A Horse Ride A Cowboy, Big & RIch
25. America, Neil Diamond
Since I got chided the last time for no tags, I will include some. There will not be 25 - I don't think I know 25 bloggers - and don't feel you have to, only if you like memes, music and me. Therefore: RHM, Rocketgirl, Elizabeth, Keah, Juliann, Phatfiddle, QC and Lola.

This is me, with my favorite songs. Honorable mention goes to Kristin Chenoweth, Stephanie J. Block, The Carpenters, Reba McIntyre, Yanni, Joan Baez, The Bangles, Idina Menzel, Elvis and John Denver - there just wasn't room for them all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*squees* I've been tagged!

From Whence You Cometh