Saturday, January 03, 2009

Please Sir, May I Have Some More?

My cats are weird. And I know everyone says that about their pets and maybe all pets are weird and by being weird to us, they're all normal. If so, my pets sure are normal then!
I was eating some peach slices last night and Ice was watching me. (He is the white cat that likes fruit remember.) It's been a while since he'd had any fruit so I gave him the tiny end of one piece. And he looked at me and then at the peach. And then at me again and then at the peach and then at me. The expression on his face was not the usual disbelief of pets - the ones whose head might explode because they ARE. SO. HAPPY. AND. CAN'T. BELIEVE. YOU. ARE. GIVING. THEM. THIS. TREAT! - it was more like a little orphan child out of Dickens being given a bowl of hot soup. They're sort of afraid the whole thing is a joke and don't want to get their hopes up that it might really be for them. He looked so timid and tremulous. Even when he stuck out his tongue to lick it, it was like he was waiting for me to take it back. (Which is a little silly because none of the other cats have any interest in fruit and I am sure not going to want it back after the cat's licked it. But I don't expect him to make that logical assessment.)

This is me, feeding peaches to a cat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh this blog is sooo hot it blows my mind!

Rocketgirl said...

Toddlers are the same way with Goldfish. Weirdos.

From Whence You Cometh