Monday, January 19, 2009

Not A Risk Taker

The wedding went off without a hitch, all beautiful and pretty and happy and it was gorgeous. The bride was a vision and the groom looked spiffy:The cake:
Dancing:
Waving goodbye:
And I know you're dying to find out what I wore - I went with the "Jackie O" suit:
It was reliable and I didn't melt though most of the other guests were in spaghetti straps and florals. No worries - at least no one laughed. I'd checked out some stores on Friday but nothing seemed right and they all needed a belt, or a camisole or shoes or whatever. Couldn't find one that jumped off the rack and said "buy me, buy me." So I didn't.
I did try to be daring with the hair, curling and spraying and pinning...nothing. By the time we got to the venue, my hair was flat. All was not lost however as all the boys from college were there to distract me. RHM was not able to make it down from The Temperate Zone which was all that prevented the day from being perfect for me. QwanSmi's presence was the biggest surprise as he doesn't visit The Jungle very often. Smurfy was the photographer, Cogent was the best man and Fleighund was the man of the hour. And Tarzan was there, of course, to dance with me and wait on me and hang around all patient like while the boys and I reminisced. He's so sweet and good to me.

This is me hoping one of the bride's best friends will forgive me for borrowing all her pictures. Ther will be more when Smurfy gets home and downloads the 5,000,000 images he took. There might even be a good one of me - though I won't hold my breath.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw, *sniff* I'm sorry I couldn't make the day perfect for you. Maybe the next time one of us gets married. We are down 2, 4 still to go...

From Whence You Cometh