Saturday, October 29, 2011

USC vs Stanford

That was not the shut-out I had expected it to be.
And that's a good thing.
After last week's tromping of the University of Washington by Stanford (65-21, ouch) I did not hold out great hopes for our game tonight. We're a young team, sanctions, lots of penalties, blah, blah, blah.
But it was a really good game. We didn't make a lot of mistakes - that taunting penalty was dumb but not hurtful really - and we looked solid. The interception in the fourth was just beautiful.
We were doing really well until that last Stanford drive and the personal foul penalty. So, try as we might to stop it, overtime.
We don't, however, do well in overtime. And we had to play three of them. That's right, three overtimes.
It was a valiant effort but we got tired first and fumbled the ball. Which resulted in a touch back and that was the end of that.
Final score,
USC: 48
Stanford: 56

This is me and my random realization of the game; every team appears to have a dude who is much smaller and littler than the others. I call them the team midget.

1 comment:

Master P said...

I also nominate "I call them the team midget" as a top quote :)

From Whence You Cometh