Saturday, October 22, 2011

USC vs Notre Dame

I think I've figured it out.
When watching football - or other sports, though I don't watch anything religiously other than college ball - I root for the opposite team from the announcers. I've noticed before that my allegiance can change mid-game when watching non-USC teams. I couldn't figure out why until today. It's because the announcers are so annoying that I want to be on the opposite side from where they are.
Now USC gets a lot of crap from the sportscasters - and I love my team - so it's not hard to keep rooting for them but today...while watching the game, the voices in the TV were really ragging on the Irish quarterback for allowing that fumble run back for a touchdown - it was cool - and I found myself feeling sorry for the guy and cheering when he made a good pass. And then his coach started yelling at him too.
[And I do not cheer for Notre Dame. (One should not pray to win games. Pray for a clean game, for good weather, for no injuries, but do not pray to kill your opponent. God does not care who wins at football, I guarantee it.)]
Otherwise, it was still a good game. When we play clean - as in no turnovers and stupid penalties - we do pretty well. We seem well placed and mature. Our quarterback got a lot of praise tonight and he was solid. I like it when that happens.
USC: 31
Notre Dame: 19

This is me at odds with myself because I don't like the sports announcer guys.

2 comments:

RHM said...

One would imagine, like at the Cal game, the other team would see "red helmet" and think "that guy getting the ball would be bad." I suppose they'll eventually figure that out.

Master P said...

I've never paid enough attention to notice the nuances of sports announcers. What a crazy kind of world you live in!

From Whence You Cometh