Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Two Weeks Old

I think the sleep deprivation has evened out since the kittens haven't died and I'm a little more confident in my ability to feed them so I don't wake up every two hours to make sure they're okay and that makes me a little less cranky for the rest of the day which makes Tarzan happy.
The kittens are well and are growing, which also eases my anxiety. Spike is over 5oz. now which is a huge improvement over last week's barely 3.5oz:
Chubbs continues to pack on the ounces and now weighs almost 10:
They are so much larger and move so much more that I had to increase the size of their box:
They still choose to sleep on top of each other however.
Other benchmarks this week; both kittens have opened their eyes and they are eating more less often. I don't know if that's what's supposed to happen but they seem annoyed when I wake them up to feed them now as opposed to ravenous the week before.
As I suppose is logical with their eyes open they are more aware and interested in their surroundings. Chubbs:
Spike's mew is very soft and mostly drowned out by the ghetto bird going by outside:

This is me and for those of you reading this on Facebook, you'll have to come over to the blog to see the video. Sorry, but that's how FB rolls.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh