Monday, March 01, 2010

Not Proverb Worthy

Have you ever had one of those days when your mind is just blank? You want to be funny, witty and interesting for the peeps who read your blog, but there isn't anything there. Your life doesn't seem to be doing anything new or be in any way different from the last six months and there's no clever way to spin it into a lively post about laundry cubes or other people's children in the supermarket. There's just nothing to write about.
I think I just had a whole month like that.
I could have posted about the Olympics but I haven't watched most of them yet. I KNOW, the suspense is killing me to find out who won the hockey gold medal...The only sport I religiously follow is figure skating but ATL is in the middle of finals and since Tarzan isn't fun to watch any sport but football with, they are all DVR'd - yes, all nine four-hour broadcasts - until she can get over here and we can enjoy it together.
I could have posted about the house, but I don't want to jinx it - especially considering the way things have been going thus far. More jinxing we do not need.
I could have posted about my new niece, except she isn't born yet. You might want to get on that E and S.
I could have posted about the candle that practically exploded and dripped wax down the right sleeve of my USC jacket but I didn't think to take pictures until after I blotted it all off, and really, it wasn't that exciting in the end.
So what does that leave us with? Housework, which I am notoriously bad at - though I did fix the dishwasher anchor screws when they fell out - and making food for Tarzan, which he eats no matter what it looks and tastes like, up to and including the biscuits that got really overdone last night.
I've heard it's an old Chinese curse "may you live in interesting times."

This is me and no curses here folks. Move along.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I read 'fix...dishwasher' and I was officially impressed...I couldn't imagine fixing anything on a dishwasher...so good job!!! I am SO sorry I am not there to watch figure skating with you...I didn't get to see all the men's short program, and I didn't see any of the couples except the very end...I DID religiously watch the ladies though! :)
You don't know who won the gold in hockey? How are you missing the news cast???

From Whence You Cometh