Wednesday, March 03, 2010

DWTS: Season Ten

Can you believe ABC is launching the tenth season of Dancing With The Stars? One would think there couldn't be enough B-through-F list stars to fill that many seasons.
Apparently there are more than enough. Witness the newest selection - with my two-cent opinion added in for free. Aiden Turner: Star of a soap opera, fairly young, good looking and partnered with Edyta Sliwinksa. They won't win but he might make a good showing. He might also have three left feet. He'll be nice to look at while it happens.
Buzz Aldrin: Are they for real? The man has walked on the moon - does he really need to destroy all our impressions trying to dance? Ashly Costa, was Ashly DelGrosso when she danced on the show many moons ago. I don't see them lasting a long time. She's too easy going and he's kind of elderly.
Chad Ochocinco: I like me a Bengal now and then but what is with Cheryl Burke (who obviously isn't the new host for the season) and all the football athletes?
Erin Andrews: A sportscaster. I know her not at all but she's dancing with Maksim Chmerkovskiy so for her sake I hope she's good.
Evan Lysacek: He's my choice for winner at first glance. He's young, he's an athlete, he's hot and women vote. It would be nice to see Anna Trebunskaya place.
Jake Pavelka: This man is good looking and a pilot but he's a reality star - The Bachelor, natch - so I have little hope of a top three, although his partner is Chelsie Hightower and she does well as a teacher.
Kate Gosselin: I'm really annoyed that she's even considered a star and I am sad that Tony Dovolani got saddled with her. I predict a brief effort and a quick dismissal.
Nicole Scherzinger: Derek Hough sure has all the luck. Lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls? Young, hot, truly famous and likely very flexible.
Niecy Nash: Another reality TV show associate, and since DWTS is the only reality show I follow...she could be funny, she could be annoying but Louis van Amstel's her partner. I love him.
Pamela Anderson: Now here is an actual celebrity. But they have her dancing with a new guy, Damian Whitewood who could be Louis' little brother.
Shannen Doherty: Another real star though I have heard she can be touchy on set. Mark Ballas has his work cut out for him. She's tall too and he is not so much.

This is me and thank goodness for television.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh